Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wow! I haven't posted for so long...

My apologies, I haven't posted for so long! Let me fill you in since the last:

I have been putting forth energy in so many directions:

- Helping my teenagers with their lives, choices, and schooling. So much is happening, and I wish that I could be everywhere all the time. I do what I can, and as much as I can.

- Searching for employment. This is a full time job in itself, seeking out opportunities, meeting with perspective employers, completing a variety of assessment tests. I've learned many things about myself. I have a typing speed of almost 72 wpm, for one thing. I knew that I typed quickly, but I never had a number to cite before. However, I chose to say that I type over 60 wpm. on my resume. I think that that is good enough.

- Keeping the housework at an acceptable level.. A household of 3 adults, and 6 teenagers creates much work in getting groceries, cooking, and cleaning. I balance my day around these demands, and attempt to stretch our budget by cooking soups, stews, stir fry, and baking.

- Building up my Martial Art knowledge.. I've been studying about sports injuries, and how to prevent/ help heal them. Also, I've been turning my eyes towards Sensei Chojun Miyagi, and learning more, and more about Goju Ryu Karate to help me understand my Kyokushin roots.

- Training on my Kata... I've been visiting the local shopping mall while the mallwalkers go around, and doing an hour of practice on my Kata in one of the central areas about 3 times a week near 7 am. The flooring there is hard on the soles of my feet as it is tiles, and grouting. Turns are especially difficult, and I found myself cringing, and not committing myself to the effort. I've stopped doing this activity recently so that I can prepare myself on basics at home for my future participation in a Tournament.

No comments: