Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My Daughter did her best

This past weekend, my 11 year old daughter competed in her second Taekwondo Tournament. She put forth her best effort, made new friends, learned new skills, and achieved 3rd place in Board Breaking, 1st place in Sparring for her division.

For the first time in her life she experienced the fun of sliding down water slides with her Dad, and sibling.

One of the most memorable moments that I had was when we were traveling to the Tournament. We had stopped the car at a park to allow the girls to play in the playground, and for my husband to take a break from the constant driving. As the girls were playing on the teeter totters suddenly I saw a huge cloud of brown smoke rising from the treeline. I sat up concerned to notice 9 black dots in the center of the cloud quickly approaching us. To my amazement I realized that we were witnessing a practice session of a group of jet pilots.



They flew past us in a diamond shape with their smoke on, made a huge circle, came around, and past right overhead again in a square one on top of the other. It was amazing!

You should have seen my daughters jumping up and down on the grass applauding the jets.

At the time, I thought that it was quite a positive omen for the upcoming tournament, and I smiled to myself.

1 comment:

Colin Wee said...

Wow. Wish I was there! Colin